Today I'm going to share a few of my top ten lists.
The first is: Top ten things that go through my mind before I finish my first draft:
10. I like writing more than editing.
9. Just keep writing.
8. Why won't the printer work?
7. What should I write next?
6. Was this really what I was going to write about?
5. ______________ more chapters to go before editing.
4. I really like this chapter, but not that one.
3. What do I want to happen in this chapter?
2. I need to crank out another chapter today.
1. When will I ever finish this?
The second is: Top ten things that I love about the whole writing process:
10. There's different stages to look forward to (brainstorming, writing, editing and marketing.)
9. I can use my dog (and cats) as models.
8. It's fun to share my writing in class with my friends and receive their feedback.
6. I love to share my work!
5. It's fun!
4. If I ever get tired of life, I can go into a different world when I write.
3. I enjoy researching and learning about what I write about (i.e. the Appalachian trail)
2. I've always loved stories and books.
1. I can be creative!
The last one is: Top ten ways I get inspired:
10. Doing research.
9. When I receive positive feedback.
8. Every week in class, I want to read a chapter of my book aloud, but if I haven't written a chapter, I can't read it.
7. When my mind explodes after brainstorming, I'm inspired to write.
6. Hearing that my friend has written a chapter.
5. When I receive suggestions and edits.
4. Having Writing Class.
3. When I read a good book.
2. Writing down ideas helps me think of new things.
1. Getting encouragements from friends.
I hope you enjoyed reading three of my top ten lists. Do you have any interesting top ten lists that have to do with writing? If you do, I'd love to hear about it.